Indefi has always been at the forefront of sustainability trends that define the success of our clients.
Through strategic thinking, we help and assist both asset managers (GPs) and owners (LPs) to build and maintain sustainable investment strategies at both portfolio and company levels.
We provide a comprehensive and transversal approach to sustainability, through investment strategies, data and reporting, and regulatory compliance.
Our clients are leading international and French investors and their investee companies:
- Private managers, including private equity, growth, venture capital, private debt, infrastructure and real estate,
- Companies under private equity ownership,
- Asset managers,
- Asset owners: pension funds, insurance companies, etc.
- Family offices.
Indefi pioneered ESG and sustainable finance strategy advice to asset managers/investors as early as 2011, with the creation of our dedicated ESG advisory practice. Our first ESG due diligence was completed that year, followed by the first ESG VDD in 2013 and the first analysis of exposure to climate risk and the impact on SDGs in 2017. We were among the first strategy consulting firms to join the UN Principles for Responsible Investment in 2016.
What do we believe
We help clients define and implement their sustainable investment strategies, by:
- Avoiding stranded assets consisting of perishable business models ill-adapted to the transition,
- Engaging with companies and funds, to accelerate their transition from “brown to green business models”,
- Investing in impactful companies, and funds that provide solutions to the transition.
As Indefi combines both strategy and sustainable finance consulting expertise, we are the right advisors for investors seeking strategic advice on sustainability.
We contribute to building sustainable finance that we examine at strategic level, avoiding standardized approaches and meaningless sets of KPIs.
- Definition and implementation of competitive and sustainable business strategies for investment managers,
- Market research and ESG/Impact/climate strategies,
- Analysis of investment opportunities and monitoring for private market investors and portfolio companies,
- Sustainability/ESG due diligences (for both acquirers and vendors) and sustainability/ESG portfolio reviews.
Sustainability within Indefi
We believe in leading by example and are implementing our own Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy. It aims at inspiring sustainable development initiatives in the way we work and operate as a firm and as individuals.